Sunday, March 7, 2010

fishies

Good Morning!

I didn't get this posted last night because my girls have rediscovered, Zoo Tycoon. If you've played this game before, you know how addicting it can be.  I finally kicked them off and sent them to bed after 10:00 last night and I was too pooped to post.  We need 2 computers.

So, remember I told you I had been working on another card using the same idea of rainbow of hearts?  Well I sat down with it yesterday and finished it. 


C is for Cat, Sanded background and Vintage Labels (SAB catty).  Close to cocoa, old olive and whisper white cardstock.  Not quite navy, close to cocoa and more mustard inks.  Natural hemp, small oval punch, scallop trim border punch, distresser from the cutter kit, stampamajig, and dimensionals.


One of my son's best friends has a birthday coming up and its become a personal quest of mine to make him a fabulous fish related birthday card each year.  He is crazy for fishing and wants to become a freshwater biologist when he gets older.  The one I made for Scott the other day, was a copy of the one I made Spencer last year. 

So I've been trying to think of something for his card this year.  I just got C is for Cat for free (SAB) and thought of the little fish in this set.  What do you think?  Is is too babyish?  He will be 17 after all. 

I had gone to the Stamping 411 site for the color combo.  I didn't realize they had a color inspiration post every week.  The colors this week were perfect for a manly card. 





See that hole for the tag?  Look here to see how I did that.  


See that I have 2 layers of old olive there?  That was an accident.  But I like it.  I had originally matted the white with a 1/8" border of old olive and then decided it looked unbalanced.  Well, I had used the Tombow Multi glue and so couldn't take off the white panel (without ruining it) so I just added another mat of old olive.  It gave it a faux dry embossed look but I decided that was a little too clean for a fishy card.  So I very lightly sponged some close to cocoa on the white and distressed the old olive.  Get it?


Okie dokie, thats it for today.  The girls are already trying to kick me off so they can take turns playing again. 

Have a super duper day and thanks for stopping by.

Blessings, b.

No comments: