Thursday, May 27, 2010

cardboard is good!

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday.  I am so ready for a 3 day weekend.  I have a million things planned and will get none of them done.........probably......well, maybe......hopefully?



Anyhow, I discovered that I still hadn't shown you one of the cards we did a few weeks ago.   I got the inspiration from PaperCrafts Mag.  I love that magazine! Look on pg. 79 of the March/April issue.  The tree card by Julia Stainton. 

Here is my spin on it.



Lovely as a Tree, Sanded background and Sincere Salutations.  Soft suede, basic black and watercolor paper.  Black Stazon, old olive, soft suede and more mustard inks.  Cardboard, large oval punch, twill tape, aquapainter, top note die, hemp and dimensionals.

I know, you're getting sick of the tree aren't you?   I can't help it!  At least I didn't use the Woodgrain background. 




After we cut out the cardboard we just peeled some of the top layer off.  There is no wrong way to do this.   

I had run out of the natural colored twill tape that SU! sells but, I had some white twill tape.  So I made some strong tea and soaked the twill in there for maybe 30 minutes or so.  Came out great!  Smelled good too because I used Honey Vanilla Chai Tea.  Yummy!



I think any guy would love this card.   I would, and I'm not even a guy. 


I actually spent some time last weekend doing a little watercoloring tutorial for you all.  But my watercoloring is not all that, and I think you could probably find better ones out there in cyberland.  We'll see if I get enough courage up to show you later. 

We had a surprise Percussion Ensemble tonight at the school.  Surprise as in, the boy knew about it but didn't bother to share with us.  They did great!  Its amazing how talented these kids are! 

Okie dokie, this old broad is going to bed.  I hope you have some fun plans for this weekend.  Thanks for stopping by and hanging with me.

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

absolutely darling.... I really want to try this. And the tea sounds good too.... Thanx for sharing...

cookie