Tuesday, May 18, 2010

teacher appreciation week

Hey everybody!

I know I promised a tutorial tonight but, its teacher appreciation week and I needed 2 cards. 

Because I'm such a procrastinator and a slowpoke, it is now 10:03 at night and I just finished them.  And what am I doing?  Showing you how much I love you by posting my beautiful cards tonight so you can enjoy them tomorrow. 

Geez.......a little full of myself aren't I?  Well, I can't help it, I do think they are beautiful.  And maybe someone else needs a little thank you card inspiration. 


Anyhow, Grace's school PTA is awesome and they make sure we show our love for our teachers and staff.  They gave us a schedule to follow.  Which you know, makes it easy on the moms and dads that are procrastinators and slowpokes. 

Yesterday we gave her teacher a flower.  Plucked out of the neighbor's garden.  Shhhh..........

Today we gave her a little gifty bag of Jolly Ranchers.  With a tag that said, " You're a jolly good teacher!"  Well, I thought it was funny anyway.  Sorry, no pics.  Procrastinator/slowpoke remember?

Then for tomorrow, the PTA gave each student a paper with a prompt to write a little note as to why they love/like their teacher.  Grace wrote 2 notes.  One for her teacher and one for the custodian. 

Mr. Dale (the custodian) is retiring this year.  He loves the kids.  Remembers everyones names, including parents, and always buys Girl Scout Cookies from us.   He deserves a thank you note. 

Since the letters are on 8 1/2x 11 paper and we put a 3x5 pic on the bottom, I didn't want to fold them up and ruin the pic.  So I made the cards business size. 

Here is Mr. Dale's


Season of Friendship and Sincere Salutations.  Soft suede and whisper white cardstock.  Black Stazon, old olive, soft suede and brocade blue inks.  Merry Moments DSP, hemp, sponges and dimensionals.


Look familiar?  I just took the card I made last week and made it taller.  See?




Because there was so much more white space I decided to add some clouds.    Don't look too closely at the clouds.  I accidently grabbed Always Aritchoke and inked up my sponge without looking.  I so did NOT want to make  another card so I tried to forget it was there.  Grace said she didn't notice.  Love that kid! 


 Look at my hills:





Nifty huh?  I just changed the way the stripes went and made it groovy, man!  The kids hate it when I say that. 

I'm not sure why I added the hemp to the bottom.  It just seemed to break it up some.  Anyway, I like it and so does Grace.  It ended up being 9 x 3 3/4.  Fits in a regular size business envelope.


This one is for the teacher.



Elements of Style (Summer mini) and Sincere Salutations.  Kraft (crumb cake), very vanilla and soft suede cardstock.  Soft suede ink.  Kraft taffeta ribbon, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, hemp, sponges, misc. button, and dimensionals.


I like it!  Again it fits in a regular size business envelope.  This came out 4x9. 





Fuzzy pic warning! 

I just put a little glue on the edge of the tag and slid it under the knot.  Then I took a small glue dot and stuck the knot down. 

Now they are all ready for Grace to sign and give away.  Hopefully I won't forget to have her do that in the morning.  I'm forgetful in the morning. 

Cutting myself a little slack, I'm going to say, tutorial, either tomorrow or Thursday.   Survivor is over so I'll probably get it up Thursday night. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Blessings, b.

No comments: