Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

We had a great day today.  Got some things done and ended with a big BBQ, a fire and s'mores.  YUM!! 

With today being Memorial Day and all (well tomorrow actually) I've been thinking about our men and women that are serving or have served our country.  Its really very humbling.

 We are not a military family.  My Grandfather served in WWII for only 9 months.  Something about his feet.  My dad served in the army but not during war time. 

I really can't even imagine what it would be like to have your spouse or child in the military.  I think I would be proud and terrified at the same time.  Bravery takes on a whole new meaning. 

So I made a patriotic card today. 



Christmas Classics, Wanted, Hello Again and Red, White and Blue jumbo wheel (Summer Mini).  Kraft, night of navy and whisper white cardstock.  Night of navy and real red markers and whisper white craft inks.  Red satin ribbon, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, hemp, dimensionals and misc. button.


Thats alot of stamps huh?  I used the star from Christmas Classics, the little star from Wanted and the little asterisk thingy from Hello Again.  I also knew I wanted to make something using the Red, White and Blue jumbo wheel from the Summer Mini.  I hadn't used it yet.  And if I bought it, well by golly, I'd better use it. 

So I skipped on over to the Stamping 411 site.  I haven't visited there in so long.  I seem to have had very specific projects going on lately.  Anyhow, they had another great sketch and this is what I made of it. 




There is glitter everywhere on this card!  You can't see it here but there is glitter on the star.  There is also glitter on the little asterisk thingys too.




I used my markers and inked up just the portion of the wheel I wanted.  I love wheels like this because its like getting several different stamps.  You just ink up the words you want and there ya go! 

Okie dokie then.  It was hot again today and I'm pooped.  The veggies didn't like it so well either.  I'm sure they'll feel better in the morning. 

Thanks for stopping by.  If you know a soldier, give them an extra hug and squeeze from me.

Blessings, b.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card Beth - it is not only gorgeous, it's a fantastic tribute! Thanks so much for sharing it and thanks for playing along again!

Kerin said...

I love all of the details on this card, especially that you used a Christmas set for a non-Christmas card...I wish I had thought of that star!! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Carr said...

Love your red, white & blue card. It's terrific!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Beautiful!

Lynn said...

Great card..love the star on the bow! Perfect touch and so many gorgeous details!

Selene Kempton said...

A wonderful card! I love the gorgeous ribbon! Fantastic!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous red/white/blue card... Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411!