Thursday, May 13, 2010

"There is magic in this process of capturing your everyday life."

Today is a special day for me.  Today is my mom's birthday.  She would have been 66 years old. 




I don't remember as much as I would like.  Those teenage years were kinda harsh.  I do remember that she was so funny!  I think that is what I remember most.  She would get together with my Aunt and Grandma and they would laugh so hard.  She loved to dance.  She made the best fried chicken.  And cheesecake.  She loved to swim.  She had lots of friends.  She loved yellow roses and daisies.  Sometimes her birthday and Mother's Day would be on the same day and you had better have gotten her 2 presents!  One for each day.

 I miss her so much. 

She died suddenly in August of 1983 of complications from a car accident 5 years previous.  She was 39.  I was 18.   

It was a horrible summer. 

I had just graduated high school in June,  my parents' divorce was finalized in July and 2 weeks later my dad married Cruella DeVil.  Mom died in August.  In September, I decided I didn't want to go to college and in December my dog died. 

I don't tell you all this so you can feel sorry for me.  I tell you this to remind you to enjoy life.  Document things!  Believe me, you won't remember nearly as much if you don't have some kind of reminders. Get the pictures out of the computer!  Tell the stories behind the pictures.  Nothing has to be fancy or perfect. 

"There is magic in this process of capturing your everyday life."

Its kinda like exercising.  Its really hard to get started but once you do, it gets easier.  My goal is to have 1 scrap page or journal entry done at least once a week.   I'm putting them in that "everyday/whatever" scrapbook I have going.  The journal pages are alot easier and faster to do and I may just tack pics to them later.  No fancy scrap pages.  Its been fun and I know my entire family will enjoy it in years to come. 

I'll get off my soapbox now.


I have all the projects ready for tonight's class.  I had planned on posting one of the cards we won't be doing today but now its late and I'm too pooped to take a pic and resize it and blah, blah, blah..........

So I wll be showing you lots of stuff tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my life with you all.  Go hug and kiss on your loved ones and tell them you love them. 

Blessings, b.

1 comment:

gmccracken said...

Beth, I've just come to your blog through SC (beautiful cards) and read this story. How sad, but also very meaningful what you wrote. Your mom was so young, as were you. I lost mine when I was 31 & she was 59. It really is sad not to have all the memories that we could have had!! Great words of wisdom...document & cherish your time. Gayle