Saturday, May 15, 2010

new colors and a card

Hey there!

What a week it was!  Did you have a good week? 

I got home from work yesterday wanting a margarita.  Maybe 2 margaritas.  But, I didn't have any margarita mix.  I even went online to find out how to make the mix.  Limeade.  Thats what people use.  Anyway, I guess I didn't want one that badly because I didn't feel like going to the store to buy it.  But you can betcha that I'll be buying some limeade next time I go to the store.  Just in case...........

Thank goodness there are only a few weeks of school left. 

Anyhow, I wanted to show you something that we made Thursday night.  I get to meet up with a group of ladies every few months or so and we have a great time.  Here is one of the cards we did:



Season of Friendship, Woodgrain background and Sincere Salutations. Soft suede and whisper white cardstock.  Soft suede, old olive and black Stazon inks.  Merry Moments DSP, hemp and dimensionals. 


Super duper easy card for a man.  I wanted to do a couple of manly cards.  They are so hard to come up with.  And the only stamps I have that work for a man are either trees or fish.  I guess I need some help in that department. 




This group had no use for Father's Day cards so we made them birthday cards.  Even men need some birthday love.   Oh............that is NOT what I mean......................GEEZ!

See that DSP strip on the bottom?  That is the Christmas DSP called Merry Moments.  The other side has snowflakes on it!  So make sure you look at both sides of your DSP when you're crafting.  You never know, you might have the perfect summertime grass on the back of your Christmas paper! 


I seem to be on a Soft Suede kick.  I love it so much and am so happy that it is becoming one of our core colors next year.
Which reminds me of something else I made.




I made some sample color cards of the new core colors we're getting in July.  I love this Cherry Cobbler! ( I know, I spelled cobbler wrong)  Riding Hood Red is coming back next year and I like it but, this Cherry Cobbler is awesome!


                                    

You can't see it very well here but the Early Espresso is so pretty! Its like dark chocolate.  As you can see, Kraft will be renamed Crumb Cake.  It will still be the same cardstock though. 



Daffodil Delight is the next new color.  I love it!  I'm not really a yellow kinda girl but I really like this one. 




Here is Marina Mist. 



Here is Cajun Craze.  I really love this color too.  Its so rich looking next to the Really Rust.  I used to love really rust but now, there is a new color in town baby!. 


Here are the links again for the retiring colors and new color families:

Also note:  Stock up on your favorite colors now.  Stampin' Up! will guarantee your order only until May 31st.  After that, if they're gone, they're gone. 


Out of all the colors that are retiring, I'm only going to miss Brocade Blue.  I'm glad they are changing things up a bit. 

They also annouced in our monthly demo magazine we get, the 5 "In Colors" we'll be getting next year.  Concord Crush (purply), Poppy Parade (pretty bright red, reminds me of a popsicle), Pear Pizzazz ( think Jolly Rancher Apple), Peach Parfait (orangey), and Blushing Bride (looks like a stronger Pretty in Pink). 

They didn't give us samples of these.  I am excited that these 5 In Colors are going to be around for 2 years!  Sometimes it takes me that long to realize I love it.   

Okie dokie, I'll be showing you the other cards we made but I want to make a photo tutorial for you so you can see how I did what I did. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings, b.

No comments: