Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I stamped!

I finally got all my stamping stuff unpacked. Well, most of it anyway. Once the new shelves get built then I can get everything put away. So I put me on a little Jane Austen and stamped away!





medallion background stamp, itty bitty backgrounds. confetti white, real red cardstocks, soft suede patterns DSP. crushed curry and soft suede inks.

What do you think? I think its beautiful! When I haven't stamped in a while I will always copy something I like first just to get things flowing. I highly recommend copying. It always works. Except like today when it does work, but now I gotta go get kids :(



This card is in the Stampin' Success magazine we demos get every month. Its a version of one that is on the cover of the IB&C. I love this Medallion Background stamp. I think its going to be lots of fun to play with. Now, the Crushed Curry ink that it uses, I wasn't so sure about. I love, love, love More Mustard. I'm an Earth Elements kinda girl. And Crushed Curry is like a strange version of More Mustard. I will say I really like how it looks here. I also used my Soft Suede Patterns DSP and ink too.





I don't have the spritzer tool, so I just inked up my Itty Bitty Backgrounds with the Soft Suede and lightly stamped several times. Not just putting the whole stamp on it but maybe just a corner or an edge. I didn't want a block of splatters here and there.




Its funny how as I get older, I like my cards without words on them. I might put a sentiment on here somewhere. I'm not sure yet though. I did one on Confetti White cardstock and one on Very Vanilla. Not much difference. Which do you like better?




Hopefully I'll get more stamping done today. I go back to work tomorrow. While I love my job and am very grateful I still have one, I sure could get used to this staying home gig.




Catch ya tomorrow! b.

No comments: