Thursday, August 20, 2009

one from the vault

MAN!! this going to work everyday is detrimental to my stamping. It has been so wonderful to see my buddies at work and catch up with everyone, (well, only at recess, which isn't enough time). You don't realize how much you miss everyone until you see them again.

Anyhow, I did sit at my desk tonight and tried real hard to stamp. I couldn't seem to get an idea completely formed. So I came to the computer and looked at all the cards that I've stamped in the last few years. I'm sure most of you don't, but should, take pics of your stamped cards. I do this so I can remember what I did, so I can recreate it later, and also to post on here and on the website. Look what I found from Aug. 2007:


pick a petal. more mustard, old olive and shimmery cardstock. black stazon ink. watercolor crayons, aquapainter, black journaler, distresser from the cutter kit.


isn't she pretty? This is one of my all time favorite cards. It uses the Pick A Petal set. I don't own it, I borrowed it. I used shimmery cardstock. Shimmery cardstock works really well for watercoloring and adds a pretty dimension to the image. I had picked purple for the flower because it is opposite from yellow on the color wheel. The purple is alot darker in real life. Don't ask what color purple it is because I don't remember. If I had to guess, I would say Elegant Eggplant. And check me out, I didn't even use a stampamajig ;) Oh, the little "Hi" is just my writing.


Anyhow, moral of this story is...........look at the things you have stamped in the past to use as inspiration. This card makes me want to start watercoloring again. I have some new pumpkin images calling my name. I wonder how that new Dusty Durango would look...............



catch ya later, b.

No comments: