Tuesday, August 11, 2009

last set of display samples

Feeling in the mood for Christmas? This is another set that kinda made me think. So here we go, Tree Trimmings:


This was my first idea with this set. I thought I was being pretty clever. Although on the display boards, I did see someone else make a poinsetta too. I took the flower part of the brad and embossed it with gold ep so it would match the petals. I thought that was pretty clever too. Geez, I'm just full of myself today aren't I? Even though I like the poinsetta idea I don't really like how the card turned out. I kept asking my family, "what if I do this?" "or what if I do this?" Yeah, I drove them crazy.
tree trimmings, sincere salutations. old olive, kraft and ruby red cardstock. Versamark and basic black inks. top note die, gold ep, flower brad combo.
So here I was trying to be creative and use the new "In Colors" for my projects. Why? This is so not a Christmas color! Love the box and the idea of it, but the color. Why did I push it? This box will hold 5 cards with envelopes. Wouldn't that make a nice Christmas gift? Well, sure it would Beth, if it were Christmas colors!
Okay, I'm over it now.


The kraft band around the top comes off, or slides down, so the lid can be opened.
tree trimmings, happy everything. soft sable textured, whisper white and kraft cardstock. whisper white and sahara sand inks. heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, soft sable dotted ribbon, scallop edge punch and stampamajig.




I thought maybe this could be a nice anniversary/wedding or baby card. I love theses colors together.
tree trimmings, warm words and itty bitty background. bashful blue, creamy caramel, very vanilla cardstock. bashful blue, creamy carmel and choc. chip inks. kraft taffeta ribbon, ticket corner punch, button latte button, linen thread, sponge



Sorry about another crooked pic here. Maybe I'm just crooked. Look at the button. I used a white button from the button latte set and turned it over. I inked it with versamark, then heat and stick, and then dazzling diamonds. It turned out so pretty!
tree trimmings, sincere salutations. real red, kraft, whisper white cardstock. whisper white and versamark inks. silver string, real red wide grosgrain ribbon, heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds and a 2 way glue pen (for the ornaments)




This is a 8x8 page. I used the small ornament to make holly leaves. I embossed them with clear ep to make them shiny.
tree trimmings and polka dot background. real red, garden green, whisper white cardstock. garden green craft ink, and real red ink. scallop edge punch, playground button, natural hemp, basic black journaler.




Not much Christmasy with this box either. Again, just trying to use the new "In Colors". I was trying to make a ribbon flower for another project and it came out looking like a bow on a package. Thats how this idea came about. I used the 2 way glue pen to put the silver ep on. It was neat because when I heated it up the glue kinda bubbled. Remember Heated Pearls? Maybe we'll do that again soon. The ribbon is taped under the lid so you can just lift off the lid without untying anything.

Here is the top. Cool eh?

tree trimmings. versamark ink. bermuda bay and whisper white textured cardstock. bermuda bay dotted ribbon, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, needle and thread, 2 way glue pen, silver ep, silver string.


These are the last of the display samples. I hope you enjoyed them and maybe got inspired to make something. I'll put up some of the display boards pics so you can see what others did with them too.


Later, I'll catch up with ya tomorrow!

No comments: