Friday, August 7, 2009

more display board samples

These samples are using the Sweet Season set. At first I had a really hard time thinking of ways to use this other than just tags. But once I got started, watch out! You can click on them to see them bigger. So what d'ya think?



This is my favorite sample from this set. I thought it looked so pretty and sweet. I think it would make a great wedding/anniversary card or baby card. I used some old lace I had in my ribbon box from when the boy was a baby.
sweet season, warm words. bashful blue, brocade blue, vanilla cardstock. brocade blue, choc. chip ink. choc. chip marker, bashful blue taffeta ribbon, linen thread, sherbet buttons


This one uses the thumping technique. Remember how to do that? Just stamp your image in the lightest color ink, then thump on it with 1 or 2 darker colored markers. I think they're cute little fat flowers. Kinda like me ;)

sweet season, warm words and cheap talk(stems). kraft, old olive, whisper white, pumpkin pie, summer sun, ruby red cardstock. old olive, summer sun, ruby red, choc. chip and pumpkin pie inks. scallop, 1 3/8, 1 1/4 punches (I think.......I don't remember..........sorry)



This is a yucky card. I'm having a love/hate relationship with soft suede. You can't see it here but the snowflakes are sparkly.

sweet season, sincere salutations. whisper white, kraft and soft suede cardstock. whisper white craft ink. 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, wide oval punch, soft suede polka dotted ribbon.


Look at my cute little girl. This was at my dad's house for my birthday. It uses one of those small 4x4 canvases you can get at the $1 spot at Michaels. I had painted it white a few times and then tinted the paint with brocade blue reinker.

sweet season. kraft, whisper white cardstock. whisper white and ruby red inks. white taffeta ribbon, linen thread, sherbet button


This was the very first idea I had with this set. I cruched up a brown paper bag and put it inside to look like bread. SU! told us things had to be light so they would hang on the boards. I thought I was ingenious.
sweet season. very vanilla cardstock. choc. chip, ruby red markers. wide twill ribbon, linen thread, playground buttons


Okay, I like this page. I know there isn't much to it but I like it. I actually did put my fingers in the choc. chip ink and put smudgy fingerprints all over it. Why you may ask..................because when I'm done making these this is what my face and hands and shirt and floor and table look like. Clean up is a pain in the patooty but they taste so wonderful.

sweet season. kraft, real red, choc. chip, very vanilla cardstock. scallop edge punch, pinking shears, playground button, sewing machine, linen thread, naturally serif die cut alpha.



Okay, thats all for this one. But wait theres more.........................tomorrow. Well, maybe not tomorrow. We have a hugely busy weekend ahead. I'll see what I can do. Well, don't get mad. Check back on Monday at least.............okay?

1 comment:

Barbara Jean Smith said...

You have such a cute site. Thank you for leaving me a comment and you are so welcome for the board posts. I have some more for you to enjoy if you would like. I will most definetly be back to enjoy your site again.