Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!

Our town really whoops it up for Veteran's Day. We have a field of flags and speeches and a parade. Oh yeah, and the part that makes me tear up every year, (not sure why) the flyover from the Air Force base of new and old planes while the Star Spangled Banner plays.

The boy will be marching in the parade. Its an old time parade. Bunches of girl scouts, boy scouts, firetrucks, police cars, 4H groups, war veterans and a few marching bands. In our fast paced world its almost like going back in time. We all sit on the curbs and wave and generally have a great time.

15 has already told me she won't be going this year. I'll be trying to change her mind.


Anyhow, here are some more fallish cards from last year. I haven't done any stamping in a few days. I've had lots of other things to do. I hope to find time tomorrow/today. Although we have a band competition tomorrow/today too. So much for a day off.


Everyday Flexible Phrases (retired). Last years fall DSP, more mustard, choc. chip and whisper white cardstock. Leaves #2 die, chipboard, small oval punch, hemp and dimensionals.

I just love the Leaves #2 die. I glued the DSP to the chipboard before I cut them out. Makes the edges nice and clean that way. BUT, make sure your glue is dry before you cut them out. Otherwise you'll get your die all icky. Yes, I speak from experience.


Here is another placecard using that wheel again. Crooked letters huh? Stampamajig mean anything Beth? Just keeping it real here.


Alrighty then, I'm going to bed. Its been a very busy couple of days around here and I'm pooped.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have some brand new stamping to show you tomorrow.


Blessings, b.

No comments: