Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas goodies

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a good day. Today was baking day around here. Tomorrow is the last day of school/work before Christmas vacation so I needed to get things baked and packed up. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Here is this years' packaging:


Classic Christmas set. Real red and whisper white cardstock. Real red, old olive markers and a Versamarker. Silver embossing powder, scallop square die, old olive wide grosgrain, natural hemp, lunch sack and the cropodile.


I wanted something really easy. I realized after I'm embossing 15 of these tags that, I could have gone easier.

I used the markers to ink up the stamp, using the Versamarker to ink up the bell and then embossed it.



cute huh?
Here is what is inside. A baggie of the snacker crackers. I got the recipe from Michelle Wooderson's site. I changed the cracker part. You can use whatever makes you happy. They are really yummy. Unless you forget to stir them every 15 min. or so and then some of the crackers really soak up the seasonings and you have a funny pucker face when you eat those ones.
Snacker Crackers
In a small bowl mix together: 1 dry packet of ranch dressing
1 tbs. each of: dill weed, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1 1/2 cups of oil.
Then mix together: 1/2 bag pretzels, 1 bag oyster crackers, 1 bag parmesan goldfish, 1/2 bag wheathins.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix them again every 15 min. or so until the crackers soak up the oil. If it seems too wet after 2 hours then you can add more crackers. If it seems too dry then you can mix up some more oil seasoning and add it.
After its all soaked up, then put in an air tight container or put out in bowls and watch your family inhale them.

This is the other goodie in the brown bag
YUMMY!!!
These are seriously so good. I also make them with the Reese's bells on top. HEAVEN!!
Heat oven to 375
Cream together: 1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter
Add in: 1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups more flour
Roll dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-12 min. They are done when they start cracking on top. They won't be brown, but when they start cracking they are done. Take out of oven and immediately place kiss on top.
This recipe makes about 5 doz. cookies. It can be halved.
Enjoy!

Tomorrow I hope to post days 14-17.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope Blogger doesn't squish all my writing together like it does sometimes.
Blessings, b.
ps. I just went to Michelle Wooderson's site to copy her address and her little treats are in brown paper bags too! Great minds think alike. Although I'm sure her bags are lined coffee bags.

No comments: