Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Day card?

Okay, so I finally got a family pic on Christmas Eve.






We were on our way to the movies and I made everyone get ready 20 min. early so we would all be clean and pretty and I could snap a pic.






45 pics later this is the one that came out the best. I know, you've already seen this.

But really, those of you with children will certainly understand, we only get a good family pic every 5 years or so. Everyone is looking at the camera and smiling and not picking their nose or anything, so I gotta flash it around a little.








I already told you about putting the camera outside on the front porch and I couldn't see it on the camera but there was such a bad glare from the floor shining right on Grace. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.
Tonight I made some Christmas cards. Although by now, I'm calling them New Year's cards.

Warm Regards (retired). Real red and whisper white inks. Kraft, real red and whisper white cardstock. Distresser from the cutter kit, Scallop square die cut, lg. oval punch, scallop oval punch, real red wide grosgrain ribbon and dimensionals.


Its close to my original idea. I wanted to put the tree from Christmas Classics on there but the hubs said, "NO, Christmas will be over when they get this."

So of course I ignored him and made one anyway and decided that since I was kinda in a hurry that it was too much work for quick mass production.

So this was my next idea. No cutting! I only made 15 but I got them done in 2 hours and that was while doing laundry and children interruptions.


And really, its not a card, technically. This is just a card front. Almost every card we got this year was a photo card. No handmade cards at all! Can you believe it! Here is my version of a handmade photo card.


Anyway, people will get them before New Years and that is still the holiday season so I'm good with that.



Thats all for today folks! I'm pooped and finally going to bed. If you're going out on New Year's please be extra careful. There are alot of weirdos out there.


Thanks for stopping by.


Blessings, b.

No comments: